Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michman_gw

Bats in Attic Solution!!!!

michman
17 years ago

My parents have had bats in their walk-in attic for decades, with little success at ridding them. They have had several "experts" over to offer their solution, and take their money, but the bats invariably returned. Today I went over there to visit, and Dad told me how he thinks he may have found a way to deal with them. It may seem inhumane to some, but certainly not to my Mom and Dad. Although they love having birds, rabbits and other wildlife come to their backyard, their attic is off limits, so anything goes. What he did is this: He tacked up to the roof boards/sheathing/joist about 24 strips of fly paper, spaced about a 18"-24" apart, near an area where they have found bat guano. You should secure the flypaper with a short screw and washer. Dad said he has removed 3 bats in the last week, with no signs of any more. Of course, you must remove anything nearby you don't want the flypaper to come into contact with, as the bats may not drop straight down, if you know what I mean. I hope this tip will save some of you some money and grief. Post back if you have success with this technique...MichMan.

Comments (10)