changing user name

Posted by eldo1960 8a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 23:15

How does a member change his user name?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: changing user name

One of the forums is titled: "Computer Help"

If that does not provide a answer, use the 'Search' feature which is available in all the forums.

o

eldo, do you want to change the user name on all previous posts or do you just want to change it from now forward?

If you just want to change it from now forward I think you will need a new email adress too which is fairly easy to do at Yahoo or Gmail.

Robertzone6 has only been here four days and s/he probably doesn't know that the search feature produces mixed results. The people at computer help are occasionally helpful.

o

I don't believe there's an option to change your user name anymore. You'll need to re-register under your new user name.

o

Thanks to all who replied. I guess I'll just leave things as they are.

o

I realize this post is years old but I haven't been able to find an answer to my question. A friend just joined the Garden Web but hasn't done any posting. She would like to change her user name. How would she go about doing this?

o

I have been trying since some few years before my post above on Jul 12, 06. I have failed.

It would seem the fast and dirty, and maybe the only way, is to got to yahoo, get a new email address and start all over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here