Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cateyanne

transplanting a forsythia

cateyanne
17 years ago

My forsythia was salvaged about 7 years ago from my mothers garden where it was not growing or blooming, it had been there about 3 years. I placed it in my front yard close to the front bedroom window. It was a very large open location but alas, my forsythia has florished and for the last couple of years I have had to prune heavily to keep it from eating the house entirely! It is glorious in spring, I balance off the intense yellow on the other side of the house with lots of daffodils and it looks great. But, I really need to move him. I am trying to establish a more uniformly landscaped front and I would really love to see the forsythia take off in a full sun, open location. I have plenty of room in the back yard but as it's been in this location so long I am afraid of loosing it with a move. How can I be sure I won't damage it? Also I have enjoyed this lovely screen of foliage in front of the window and am reluctant to have a bare place open to the sidewalk and street. What can I plant in it's place to provide spring color and a privacy screen the rest of the year? Suggestions Anyone?

Comments (2)