Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
privacy and a chain link fence

Posted by cateyanne (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 8, 06 at 10:20

Hi folks;
We recently moved into a new home.It has a very large yard though which is lucky for us as we have a dog, it is completely fenced in. The problem is it is a chain link fence. It is in great condition and would be too expensive at this point to replace. Also replacing it would post a problem with the neighbors as they both have very old well established plantings that would be disturbed and possibly destroyed were we to start digging up fence posts that I am assuming are imbedded in cement. And on one side I wouldn't want to erect a privacy fence because the neighbors yard is very pleasing and we kibbits at the fence line quite a bit.the real problem here is one of our neighbors has a great dane that visits frequently and that my dog can't standThis creates a loud rucus everytime this dog is visiting, sometimes daily. this neighbor also has two spaniels that my dog could care less about. Too make a long story short we need to create privacy to keep our dog, a beagle from seeing this great dane. Also there are some new neighbors to the back of us that do not care about their yard and have weeds growing some 5 ft. tall. Can anyone give me an idea how to make my yard more private without removing this fence? I plan on planting some large trees, bushes etc. while I redo the landscaping and this will create some privacy but need a barrier behind these to keep the dog from burrowing beneath to get to the other one. any and all suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: privacy and a chain link fence

Sure. Way back when I had a yard with chain link. Bought metal inserts that slip into the links. A second option is to go with a bamboo type liner. Its made of bamboo slats and wired together.

Try a google search and I'll bet you'll find both.

Bob
Central Arizona

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here