Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnomeshroom

Rooting Hormone.. help?

gnomeshroom
14 years ago

Hello, I am just a bit confused about a rooting hormone product (green light - powder not liquid). I have a snapdragon that has lived for a while, but recently a frog got into its pot and I had to re-pot it again because its roots had been pulled out of the soil. I noticed that despite its age, the roots were very small. They have always been quite small. It looks like it could use some help. Maybe its pot is too large? How do I determine correct pot size?

I do need to re-pot/fix the soil again because of the frog (this time I am moving the plant to a table outside). But before I do, I was wondering if rooting hormone would be of some help. The instructions on the bottle are quite vague, I have no idea how much to use.

It says "Powder dipping procedure" (for cuttings I suppose) and then "General treatment of seeds, bulbs, corms, and roots of ornamental plants": Place green light rooting hormone and bulbs, corms, or roots in a sealed bag or container. Shake well to deposit a light coating. Screen off excess powder for future use.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about this? Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Comments (4)