Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crepe jasmine: winter care??

Posted by cjw123 Illinois (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 8, 06 at 12:42

I purchased a crepe jasmine this spring and was wondering if there was anything that I need to be doing to get it winter ready? I am unsure as to how much cold it can tolerate and would hate to lose it over the winter months. I would greatly appreciate any tips or ideas. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crepe jasmine: winter care??

This is one time I would use pesticide and spray my plant as a precaution. The outdoor plants are custom to much stronger light outdoors,
so I like to move the plants just before the heater starts to help ease the transition. Search the web for the hardiness zone since we do not
know which sp. you have.

o

I haven't grown crepe jasmine but I do have tender gardenia's, orchids and a bird of paradise that I grow in a cool room. I think that most tender perennials can be grown in cool temps so long they don't freeze. I've never had insect problems with any of the plants mentioned. My grow room is a mudroom with a bright east facing window. The temp has never dropped below 40 and the plants thrive. IMO the low humidity in a heated room is more detrimental than a cool room.

o

Hi Cjw
i am malini, a new member. i am interested in crepe jasmine, it is a sacred plant for us hindus.
is your crepe jasmine single or double variety. Please let me know if you can spare me a cutting or some seeds.
Thanks very much for your time.
Email:tomalini@gmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here