Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joseve_gw

Need help with Alocasia Giant Borneo

JoseVe
9 years ago

Hello I am new to the forums so I hope someone can help me with their expertise. I planted several Giant Borneo plants in my side yard along the house. The area is about half in the shade all of the time and the other half gets about 4 hrs or sun a day. The Giant borneo i am asking about was growing great (very big, very quickly) and some sprouts began growing along the side. All of a sudden the largest (and original plant) kind of stopped growing. It had huge leaves and new ones were sprouting out of the existing ones and now that has stopped??? The picture attached is a view of the inside of the main sprout. It does not have a new leaf coming and the existing leaves are dying (as to be expected). It gets water three days a week (along with regular rain). It has been dry lately down here. And this is one of the plants that is in the shade all of the time. The smaller sprouts along the side of this big one are growing fine. Just having a problem with the large main stalk. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank YOU!!!!