Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_probst

labeling aids

rebecca_probst
20 years ago

I am interested in hearing from anyone who had used the P-Touch Brothers label makers. Do the labels hold up in the weather and what type surfaces are these tape labels stuck onto? Is there anyone out there who has used the Dymo label system that also has a tape similar to the Brothers?

Any information pro/con the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (8)

• meldy_nva
    20 years ago

I've used Dyno. The colored tape has a tendency to fade, but I like it for short-term use. I prefer home-made markers (from venetian slats or milk jugs) for long-term.

• Nigella
    20 years ago

Here's a tip that was passed to me in another forum, for long lasting information write directly on the pot with a white china marker. Bonus, you never have to worry about the tag getting pulled out and lost!

• giboosi_alttara
    20 years ago

I've got the brother p-touch and the labels are holding up well after 3 years, no signs of fading and not falling off the zinc markers.

• erstanfo
    20 years ago

I have the Ptouch and use the clear TZ tapes. They work great on Zinc markers.

• Lenh
    20 years ago

Hi All
    The best tip I ever got from the forum is using plastic blinds as plant labels.My wife enjoys cutting them up in the winter time.
    Keeps her from nagging me.[Joke]
    We grow hundreds of plants to sell and they would cost us a fortune,we but the blinds from car boot sales for one pound stirling
    regards

Len

• SunshineSue
    20 years ago

There are label tapes that are made for outside so that they don't fade. Our daylily club purchased one and the tape being used was specific for outside.

• diannp
    19 years ago

I have both the Dymo and the Brother P-touch. I got the metalic labels for the Dymo specifically made for outdoor use. They are terrible!!! They are sun sensitive and you can barely read the majority of the labels and these were just put out last summer. The labels turned black and spotty. And on top of it all, the Dymo's keyboard had a brain malfunction and now it thinks the Y is a Z and the Z is a Y. So, I now have the Brother P-touch and I'm sincerely hoping that black ink on the clear label will hold up better than the Dymo did. Good luck.

Diann
    IA Z5a

• rosebacopa2
    19 years ago

I own a Brothers labeler.
    DO you stick the tape on what//?
    I am wondering if there is a way to use it for making little signs in front of each type of plant. There would have to be something to stick into the ground wouldn't there?