Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
non-staining walnut variety

Posted by ahighlandmom Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 0:59

Can someone please give me the name of the walnut variety which has husks that don't stain. There are several of these trees growing near our home in Oregon. The ripe nuts often fall right out of the green husks, and the shells are perfectly clean. The intact husks peel off easily by hand and there is absolutely no staining. I've searched on the web and in the Sunset Western Garden Book for a variety which fits this description but to no avail. These trees are about 80 years old, so they may be a variety which is no longer widely known or sold. If anyone can help me identify them, it will be much appreciated as I would like to buy some nursery stock to plant on my property.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here