Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cratmans snowblower

Posted by donhudd 48327 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 8, 10 at 10:13

Hi, I am new to this post so bear with me. I bought a used craftmans 2 stage snow blower, while using it last night, I ran over something that got caught in the auger, removed it, but now the augers will not engage, I can spin them by hand very easily. Any help??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cratmans snowblower

Yep!! Broken auger drive belt! Remove small box/cover in frint of engine area, fish out the old broken belt, go buy a new one, and not an el-cheapo, install it, replace cover, and next time, go out before it snows and bring in the daily paper!

o

I think you may have sheared the pins on the auger. Look at the auger shaft, should be a bolt(or 2)going through it. Its your protection when hitting something.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 8, 10 at 21:29

I think Dave has it. Unless you grenaded the gearbox the augers should not turn freely due. If the shear pins are good you may have an expensive problem.

o

Ouch hope Canguy is wrong lol ! Dave or Rusty both could be right , but I would lean towards the shaers pins also unless you ran the unit (auger drive) until you burned the belt off it prior to removing the jamm culprit. You would have really smelt burning rubber. I would inspect the Belts also , easly job just a few bolts holding the plastic cover. Read other posts on belt inspection , adjustments chain and shaft lubrication and greasing etc. Sounds like you may be new to Snowblower usage...lots of experienced people on th site . Welcome aboard ..Ty !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here