Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement engine for Roto-Hoe 910 DC

Posted by bloomnbloomsdale Zone 6, MO (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 10:24

I have a Roto-Hoe 910DC (tiller attachement and chipper shredder attachment) I need to replace the engine because the previous owner put an old engine on it that he had lying around.

Does anyone know what the original engine was on this model?

This unit has reverse. Does that matter?
How do I know what to look for?

Thank you for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement engine for Roto-Hoe 910 DC

BBD,

"How do I know what to look for?"

Try to find a manual for it. Some places on the Internet have down-loadable manuals. Also, look on eBay for someone selling a Roto-Hoe 910DC. Even if their offering didn't include a manual, that person could look at the engine and send you information about it. And most eBay offerings include a picture, and just the picture might help you.

MM

o

Thank you for such a quick reply!

I've tried your suggestion. In fact, I've been watching e-bay for months and haven't seen a model that looks like mine.

I'll keep looking!

:)

o

• Posted by rej2 Z5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 21:47

I did a google search for roto-hoe, only a million results, found a manual that covers servicing your model several pages in. REJ2.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 25, 07 at 10:30

If memory serves me right, and it has been known not to, that originally had a Tecumseh HM80

o

Thank you EVERYONE!
To "REJ2": You inspired me to order the book "Rotary Tiller Service Manual, Third Edition" (found a used copy). I had found that on "search" as well, I was just apprehensive to order, because I was afraid it wouldn't serve my purpose.

To "canguy": Thank you! I'll check into the Tecumseh HM80.

Thank you to all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here