Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener Issue

Posted by bpopilek MI (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 27, 10 at 11:10

I have a Sears Garage Door opener, model 139.53662SRT2. The problem is that I can only get one remote control to work at a time with it. I go through the reprogramming process, but at the end only one of them will still work, usually the last one I programmed. I have tried both factory controllers and an outdoor 3rd party keypad with this opener. And while all 3 devices are fully functional, and each of them will control the opener once programmed, I can only use 1 at a time. It seems like the opener is not saving the unique ID of each controller, or it deletes the previous one as I add a new one. Any ideas on how to fix this, or what could be causing it? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener Issue

One of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. (manufacturers explanation) What you need to do is purchase a new remote. Make sure it is the exact same model number as your original remotes or guaranteed compatible. Then you will find you can program it and one of the old remotes. A process of elimination will show you which is the bad remote. Remove the batteries and toss it so you don't have problems with it in the future.

o

I'm not quite sure I understand. Both of the remotes came with this unit new. The outdoor keypad, I just recently purchased in hopes of using because I couldn't get both the factory remotes to work at the same time. Since the keypad is new, shouldn't that have resolved any programming issues? Sorry if I am misunderstanding you. Thanks for the reply!

o

What makes it difficult to understand is that they still work but won't work with one another. Trust me, buy a new remote and you will find you now have two that will work together. Throw the other one away.

o

Throw the whole Craftsman opener away and get a Genie.... or keep the Craftsman and come back here to repair the thing about 2 dozen times...then you will chunk the thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here