Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hortsense

Husqvarna 350 Chainsaw

hortsense
12 years ago

I have a Husqvarna 350 that stumbles and stalls rather quickly upon cold starting efforts (and it doesn't run long enough to get warm...) It seems to idle ok, but cuts out as soon as I touch the throttle. Compression is good. Spark seems okay as well (visually inspected, and I tried a new plug) Visual inspection seems to show a gas leak at the top of the fuel tank in the general area of the fuel line. Saw is 5-7 years old so I am assuming (dangerous I know) that it is a cracked fuel line. I am a novice at tearing apart smaller tools like this. So, some questions:

1) Is there a way to "test" my theory prior to starting off on the project? Perhaps if it runs longer with me squirting gas directly into the open carb (it has no primer bulb...)?

2) Do I need to use the oem gas line (the exploded diagram shows it a being sorta corkscrew-shaped)? I will order the oem gas line (if needed) and get a new spark plug, fuel and air filters while I am at it.

3) Any tips on how to best approach the disassembly? I have an exploded parts diagram but no firm idea on what I have to do/remove to access the tank and carb connections. I have done this before on string trimmers but everything has been "out in the open" on those projects.

4) Anything else I should do or inspect while I am in there?

My worst fear would be getting in over my head, or worse yet, causing additional problems while fixing the wrong problem. My Dad calls this throwing Easter eggs (not sure why...) I could take this to a shop, but I am assuming this is a simple fix (except for my unfamiliarity).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA