Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ariens snowblower too fast

Posted by Ferntrowel 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 11:37

Hello , I hope all are well . I have a old snow thro ariens that i put a snowking 7hp on. I and was wondering if there was any to slow down the forward drive speed, and if converting it to a differental drive might help. Thanks, Ferntrowel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ariens snowblower too fast

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 16:28

If you have the typical rubber drive disc and aluminum wheel transmission, you should be able to adjust the position of drive disc by adjusting the linkage. The closer to the center of the aluminum drive disc, the slower the speed in that gear.

Empty the gas tank, stand the unit on its front end, remove the cover under the bottom and look at the tranny.

o

Thanks Baymee , yes it is the rubber drive disc and aluminum wheel type. I was just wondering if the differential type could be adjusted to a very slow drive speed.

o

Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 6:08

You can adjust your system to creep like an ant in first gear.

o
RE:: Ariens snowblower too fast

Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 6:09

I don't know of any other way to adjust the speeds than to adjust the linkage and position of the friction wheel upon the drive disc.

o

Thanks again Baymee , its good to know that it is possible to adjust to a very slow speed. I adjusted it and it is slower. I will look at it closer when it warms up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here