Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy Bilt Pressure Washer Question

Posted by bankerjohn 8 NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 11:41

I just bought a used Troy Bilt pressure washer and downloaded the Owner's Manual from the internet ... but there are no instructions on the use of the "Pressure Control Knob". Based solely on it's name, it undoubtedly controls (+ or -) the output pressure ... but any information on when or how it may or should be used is nowhere to be found!

The washer is rated at 3,700 psi and 4 gpm with a 13hp Honda motor ... so it's pretty powerful. And I don't want to cut a hole in my vinyl siding!!

Anybody able to educate me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy Bilt Pressure Washer Question

A pressure normal come in 1600 2500 4000 psi ranges for you Vinyl 1600. Cleaning harder 2500 taking paint off steel and cleaning steel along with having longer reach from end nozzle 4,000 psi.

In link below it help first time users as well one you have the distance from nozzle to surface to be clean is very important so want cause damage but get job done Every day use one you learn something new.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll to page 10

o

If your siding is green, you might need to spray some very diluted clorox on first, with a pump sprayer. Have always heard never put clorox in a power washer.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 7:16

It looks like something that would control the volume of the water. Why not make a note of its current position and open and close it with the wand hand valve fully open and spraying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here