Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
76 JC Penny Chain Driven Tiller

Posted by rhymn001 MS (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 13:11

I have a garden tiller sold by JC Penny and would like to know if anyone has any manuals or information this type of tiller. It has a BriggsStratton 8hp engine and a 26" width. Would like to know if and where I could get parts for this machine.

Here is a link that might be useful: JC Penny Tiller

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 76 JC Penny Chain Driven Tiller

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 6, 09 at 22:02

I would guess it was made by Gilson which was purchased by OMC.The division was taken over by Toro when OMC went down.Engine parts are readily available but the rest could be a challenge.

o

You mean the mall doesn't have them? ;)
Every once in a while someone posts about the JC Penny tiller. I have a note borrowed from somewhere that says Atlas made the Model 3040 (12-5100) MTD made 3041 (405) and 3046 (408). Atlas was bought by General Power, which was bought by MTD. Part #s from GP/ Atlas may not exist as MTD parts, but there are ways to find them. Were you looking for anything in particular?

o

I have a J.C. Penny front tine tiller Model 3011. It has a 3.5 Briggs and Stratton engine driving a belt that drives a worm gear that turns the tines. Any info on this thing?

o

I HAVE A OWNER'S HAND BOOK FOR A 8 H.P CHAIN DRIVEN ROTARY TILLER MODLE 3032 .JC PENNEY CATALOG NO. 812-0843. WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU NEED.I NEED A CARB TWO-PIECE FLOW-JET.ANYONE KNOWS I CAN GET ONE?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here