Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scramblerman1a_gw

W-W Grinder Renegade 250 Chipper

scramblerman1a
15 years ago

I purchased a Renegade 250 chipper and need some information and/or parts. Should this unit have a screen with holes at the bottom of the unit like a hammer mill would? Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts or a owners manual. I believe that the company is out of business. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tom

Comments (12)

• chas045
    15 years ago

There was a recent post on these on the 27th of Dec. skip back or search 'ww grinder'. The gist is that these are not chippers but actually designed to pulverize corn cobs with other silage for hog feed.

• desertpipe
    14 years ago

tturk,
    Where did you find a copy of the owners manual for the Renegade 250.8? I am a bit desparate to get ahold of this as I am the new oner of one, and I can not get the screen to release, and the blades are jammed.
    Thanks, Chuck

• stevemar36_epix_net
    12 years ago

I own a 250.8 renegade wood chipper. Is there anyplace that I can get parts for it. I understand that the companyis out of business. It is a good chipper but I don't know where to purchase parts. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank you

• stevemar36_epix_net
    12 years ago

Where can I get a blade for my Renegade 250 Chipper?

• jlunbike_aol_com
    12 years ago

I bought a Renegade 250 about 1 Mo. ago. Big clean up job and then rebuilt the carburetor. Runs great and does the job. Would like to buy a new cutter blade.
    Any ideas or suggestions on getting a replacement cutter blade?

• wdpetersen
    10 years ago

Inherited a Renegade 250 chipper, and need an owners manual. Could someone forward me a scanned copy? I would so appreciate it!! (wp@byu.net) Has anyone found replacement parts for it?

• rbradley73064
    7 years ago

I bought a Renegade 250.8 in 1995 out of a garage sale for $200. Great workhorse but spare parts can be a challenge. Just had a blade bearing go out and of course Grinder stopped manufacture in 1987 with no spare parts. Got in touch with the bearing manufactor/supplier but they had no inventory and no intention of making more unless someone would buy 250 units. After more searching YAHOO I found a supplier with Peer Bearing, part # FHSFX206-19G Flange 2 bolt for $39 and it works great.

• hjoelle
    7 years ago

I have one I'm selling. I believe it was operating last year I plan on starting it

(727)512-9581 - Lexington mass moving sale

• kenmorgen
    5 years ago

I'm selling mine in Cockeysville MD for $400. Works great, stored indoors. Ken 410-628-8900

• PRO
    Basement Finishing & Design Service, INC
    4 years ago

I have a similar issue with a Bolens 8HP XL Chipper that only shows a model number of 47018 on a sticker with the serial number. When looking for the blade/knife when using this model number on the web it keeps wanting to use part number 981-0490 and what is shipped to you is 781-0490. Difference being that the machine blade hole spacing is 1 ½” or about 37mm using 5/16 screws and it’s about 3” long. The part shipped to me has spacing of about 1 7/8” and 3 3/8” long. So far in my search for blades some expert mentioned the fowling; “ Bolens went out of business and was purchased by troy-bilt, when troy-bilt went bankrupt they we sold off in three different directions. Most of the chipper shredder business was sold off to Murray; Who then went out of business twice. Most manuals and parts were thrown in the dumpsters. ONLY Two semi loads of parts went to Murray who is now owned by Briggs and Stratton by Name only” I then found that the model number of mine may have been MC2800 that was made with the Bolens name and just a tiny difference can be seen. Also notice that this W-W Grinder Renegade 250 Chipper was very much the same except the hammer heads for the shredder unlike my lose flails/hammers dangling ones. In short, I’m left searching for a misfiled part number as I need a blade that is Length: 3.00 inches Width: 1.25 inches Thickness: 0.25 inches and Hole Spacing: 1.50 inches and it seems the Troy-Bilt fits these model numbers too; 47057 47058 47024 47321 and others or these part numbers; 1764810, 1764810MA(Murray #), 1762645. Found so far for my Bolens is this part #1764810 perfect size lowest price at; https://www.chalmersindustries.com/product-p/1764810.htm and you can give these guys a try for any part.

For those wanting the manual to this Renegade 250, I found it here; file:///J:/MAIN%20BACKUP%20FILES/ALL%20DOCUMENTS/BOLENS%20CHIPPER%20SHREDDER%208HP%20XL%20MODEL%2047018/Owners%20Manual%20Chipper%20Model%20250.8.pdf showing part # 203-254 for the blade. If anyone has this unit, please tell me the mounting hole spacing and length. Sears part #2030-254 called knife; The manufacturer substituted part 2030-254 with this new part 1816043

• Patrick Perry
    5 months ago

I have over 15 WW Grinder and TroyBilt chipper shredders.

Most of them use the same Swinging Flails.

I keep extra flails and screens available.

Patrick Perry

A Worm’s Tale®

256 South 1400 West

Salt Lake City Utah 84104

Please text

(385) 275-6910

(385) 436-5123