Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodswalker88

Hose Extenders for hard-to reach areas.

woodswalker88
12 years ago

Hi folks,

For this spring, I am going to need a hose extender of some kind. The spigot is over at the northwest end, and the new plantings are going to be waaay over at the southeast end, maybe 150 ft away. Yes I have a 100 ft hose and it won't be nearly long enough when I start putting in groundcover & shrubs over at the far end.

I googled "hose extender faucets" and they are mostly just to extend your faucet about 6 ft so you don't have to stumble over bushes to reach your hard-to-access spigot.

My question is how this works: whether I can use this gadget with a 100 ft hose rather than 6 ft. Stick another hose on the other end & reach my plantings. Do you leave the spigot on, and turn the water on & off using the faucet that is on this gadget. And will it work as well as a real spigot?

Does anyone else have experience with a gadget like this, and what options have people used to water a far-off patch where the hose doesn't reach (other than carrying a watering can out there... been there, done that.)

Comments (3)