Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage door opener keypad remote problem

Posted by daleself (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 08 at 16:21

I have a sears craftsman garage door opener with a keypad entry remote. This has been working good and now has quit. I replaced the battery and now the door just jerks back and forth and quits. The doors works fine with wired wall remote and the cars remotes. I had 2 other of the keypad remotes and have tried them and they do the same. Does anyone know what is going on? Again works great with everything except the keypad entry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage door opener keypad remote problem

Are these wireless keypads and are they Sears? Are they protected from dripping water? This is a very unusual problem and then multiply that by 3 units all acting the same. I would check the keypad for a sticking key.

o

Neither of my remotes work, nor my keypad. All worked fine until yesterday, then all three quit working. Keypad lights do not lite up whe touched...Craftsan 139.53976SRT. Replaced all batteries. All three are wireless, of cours. Only switch that works to open the garage door is the hard wired button on the garage wall. HELP hapmar23@aol.com

o

Keypad and remote control to my GDO have been operating fine.
Then today when I tried to close my GDO with my remote it would not work. I tried the one in my wife's car and it would not close the door either. So, I got out and attempted to use the remote pad and it would not operate. Both were purchased about a year and half ago and installed at the same time. What could the problem be that would stop them from opening my GDO?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here