Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro snowblower 828 1st gear is reverse

Posted by morfred (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 16:43

I have a Toro 828 and MOST times when I put the snowblower in 1st gear it goes in reverse. I am not that handy but I figure that it must have to do with an adjustment with the shift lever. (By the way- it came back this way last year from a "PROFESSIONAL" tune-up.) Any help is appreciated directing me to a fix for this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro snowblower 828 1st gear is reverse

I would suggest grabbing an owners manual from toro.com -they're free and they have the adjustments in them. Enter through the parts area. It may just be the gate adjustment at the top or the rod got bent during transportation back.

o
RE: Toro snowblower 828 1st gear is reverse

Thank you Tomplum-That is exactly what it was (rod adjustment)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here