Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poulan Chainsaw 2150

Posted by jsouth3 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 30, 10 at 18:01

Got this chainsaw running,will not oil the chain.Found the little spring missing,inside the oil tank.How do you replace the oil dip tube.I took the clutch off and the oil pump.Does it push through the tank or pull out from the outside.

Thanks,
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poulan Chainsaw 2150

Jerry,
I think the little spring you are missing in the tank is the filter.
Here's what I would try to make sure the oiler is working.
Fill oil tank 1/4 full with fuel mix. Let sit for a few minutes. Shake, flush and dump.
Lightly blow compressed air through the pickup tube from the outside of the case. We're just trying to ensure the tube on the inside of the oil tank is not obstructed.
Re-assemble oil pump and it's cover. Fill 1/2 oil tank with light engine oil, e.g. 10w-30.
Start engine w/o bar and chain. See if oil comes out to bar area.
If it doesn't, I'm suspecting the worm gear is wore out.

You got an IPL for this saw?
You use sealant to re-assemble engine ??
Let us know,
Thanks,
Glen

o

gleman,is the worm gear the little plastic gear that on the oil pump,that rotates on the spring,that on the crankshaft.If so it looks a little chewed up.I will do what you said about cleaning the tip tube.Yes I have the IPL for this saw.I took the saw apart and put it back together.I did not have any sealant,so I made a gasket for the crankshaft cover.It will run but won't idle.I think I have a air leak due to the gasket, I made for the crankshaft cover.I will take the saw apart again and use some sealer.I will be a few days.I will let you know how it comes out.

thanks,
Jerry

o

The oil kit part no. I see is 530-071259.
You can get it from Outdoordistributors for $6.48 or,
from Poulan for 8.88.
I'm surprised it would even start with a paper gasket.
Let us know how it turns out,
thanks,
g

o

Thanks,for the part#.I will let you know how it comes out.I have to wait till the weather clears up.I have to work on it outside in my driveway.

Jerry

o

Update,seal the crankshaft cover with sealant,and the chainsaw runs great.Had to replace the oil pump so the chain oiler works fine,Thanks for all the help.

Jerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here