Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman snowblower auger won't turn

Posted by timw26 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 19:36

My Craftsman snowblower auger won't turn, and when I pull the lever to engage it makes a horrible grinding noise and it dies out. I got it from my dad and I had to dislodge a garden ornament and replace the shear pin. the side that wasn't jammed turned fine, it wasn't until I changed both shear pins that it did this. I have no idea what I could have done to cause this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman snowblower auger won't turn

If you are sure that there is no further debris that could be binding up the show- have some one engage the auger as you carefully look from the front. If you look and confirm that the impeller behind the auger is turning and the front auger is not, the issue would be in the gearbox.

o
RE: Craftsman snowblower auger won't turn

Probably the worm gear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here