Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Challenged by a McCulloch Electramatic 12" chainsaw.

loger_gw
10 years ago

Challenged by a McCulloch Electramatic 12" chainsaw.

1. My favorite electric chainsaw just stopped w/o any warnings after a tree trimmer used it (while his gas saw was down).

2. The instant stop led me to believe it was a simple electrical break in the saw or extension cord.

3. All simple continuity cks passed, including brushers to armature. On the next level pulling the armature showed a bad wire.

4. A wire from the switch to a brusher had gotten cut by the armature due to being shaken from retainer/position.

5. Then it hit me that the trimmer was throwing his saw from the tree into brush and I feel he dropped my saw.

6. Most of all, I zip tied the wire twice so that a shock or pull while servicing would resist movement near the armature.

7. It looked like I had 50 parts to clean and reassemble. It sounds/looks good but 2-3 hrs of use will be the real test.

8. The repair and one zip tie is seen in the attachment (blue) with the other zip outside the armature ares.

9. I believe the find and repair w/h cost as much as another saw. I'll still say I have seen some good quality in this saw.

Comment (1)