Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Old Craftsman snow plow:

rustyj14
14 years ago

To all of you folks who know a lot about Sears-Roebuck Products--I have a problem--well not that much of a problem, just seeking some info on a snow plow attachment for a Sears tractor snow plow, of dubious vintage.

I bought this plow at a garage sale for $10!

Here's the scoop (well, the info-no scoop, just a blade, etc.)

Sears-Roebuck adjustable snow plow, for a tractor sold by S/R. Serial number: 536-264471

The blade is about 3.5 ft wide. It has two semi-circular plates on the back, with a hole thru both, and a rectangular tube that goes into the lift part. The blade will swivel, and is controlled, or kept in position, by a spring loaded bar that slides into slots cut in the upper half round plate.

the other part is a flat plate, with the edges bent 90 degrees, with "ears", 2 on each side. To these ears are affixed , 2 on each side, lift arms that move up and down in tandem. Fastened so they move freely. The other ends are affixed to the swivel assembly, with a square tube, which the other square tube slides into, and that part is held in by a large bolt. The first piece apparently bolts to the front of the tractor, and holds the movable section. That part also has a small U-shaped thing that hangs down, it has several holes in it, where evidently a pin or bolt would go thru it. Similar to the front mower deck hanger on an old Dynamark tractor.(I have one!)

I see no way to lift it, but could be done with a long steel rod across the hood, thru a u-shaped piece, and a chain down to the plow assembly. A hook at the back end would suffice to keep it in position, as to height.

I tried to trace this plow thru the Craftsman web-site, but got nothing. I thought maybe someone on this group might recognise it. Any help will be appreciated! And, i am going to try to install it on an old Cub Cadet Tractor.

Comments (2)