Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

What are the basics to adjusting Two Cycle Walbro Crabs?

loger_gw
12 years ago

1. What are the basics to adjusting Two Cycle Walbro Crabs? I feel my old method of starting one turn off the seats might be outdated. On-Line (at the address below w/o a date) I found the basics to be two turns from lightly seating initially. Adjust high speed screw from there to get a smooth constant Wide Open Throttle (WOT) run. Any high speed hesitation is corrected with the low speed screw's tweaking.

2. I started with my old school one turn from a light seating and starved both for fuel. Then tweaked for smoothness and instant acceleration vs any hesitation. Ending about 1.5 turn from seating on both, Plus about 1/8th toward richness (to avoid any leanness) could be about the same. The starting point and starving (which might be harder to start and might fall dead leaning/starving) could be the major difference.

3. BUT! At constant WOT with no hesitation I got a high but an uneven high-end w/o a load after 10-15 secs. Was this OK or should it hold the WOT constant longer? I hate to run WOT period without a load. The saw showed no signs of lack of power or uneven power cutting (which is usually my goal).

I also wondered if I was (Slipping or Rusty) mixing my old Two-Cycle Carb Basics with Old Four-Cycle Basics (since they are not used as often? loger

http://www.ehow.com/how_5650193_adjust-walbro-carburetor.html

Comments (2)