Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
troy bilt horse mfg date

Posted by Bill1970 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 20:25

I got ahold of my dad's old troy bilt horse, and I'm trying to find out the year, as he can't remember what year he bought it. All of the original paperwork went up in a house fire. He thinks maybe 1981 or 82. It is a PTO horse with the 7hp kohler. The serial number is 677955. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: troy bilt horse mfg date

You can date the engine from the serial number.
Either go to the Kohler website and download the service manual, or post the serial number here and we can look it up.

o

I did some checking on mine and was told that the tiller was made in march 81 and the engine was made in Nov. or DEC. of 80. I was also told that the PTO was not used before 1982. I dont remember the numbers and I dont know if the info is correct. My tiller has a 7 hp Tecumseh engine.

o

If I can find a mfg date, and whether it's a horse I,II,or III, I can try and cross reference some part numbers. I need to get some new seals.

o

SN 677955 indicates it was built between January 1983 and July 1983.

o

thank-you everybody for the information. Now that I know the year, I can find some needed parts.

o

Hi. Have 2 Horse(I think) tillers'
#20691 &34054
Trying to find out what years they are.
Can anybody help?

o

#20691 = Jan 1971 started with serial #16108 and July 1971 started with #21840. 7,589 units were built during that period.

#34054 = Apr 1972 started serial #32140 and Jul 1972 started at serial #38000. Over 13K units made during this period.

Bar tread and cast iron hubs optional before #31040. 7”cast spoke wheel changed to 8” steel rims #31456.

Prior to 1976 the reverse disc was held on with 3 Allen head screws.

o

Thank you so much hippy
That was the most complete info I could have asked for
Wish I had your reference material
Thanks again

o

By the way hippy
Are they both Horse models
or Horse 1 or 11
Not really sure
Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here