Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Manual for McCullough MAC 2816

Posted by gdanko CA (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 21:10

Hi all, I inherited a MAC 2816 from a friend and I would like to strip it apart to clean it. However, I cannot figure out how to get the trimming head off. I have an older Eager Beaver model which has tabs on either side of the trimmer head. When I press these tabs the top comes off so I can add new line. However, on the MAC 2816 there are no such tabs so I do not even know how to change the line!

Any MAC 2816 owners want to help me out?
Thanks!
Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Manual for McCullough MAC 2816

Hi I had one of these they have a real problem with the coils, to take my trimmer head off you just unscrew the bump knob it is left hand thread I think then the whole head will come off. you may have to pry the center section out this is the spool for the line nothing holds it in there is just a spring in back of it. I have an owners manual if you need one I can copy it and send it to you.
regards
rod s

o

I have manual and partlist for mac2816 as pdf.
Need an address to send to, about 6 MB and 600 KB

o

I have trouble to start mine as well, and I also need to open up and clean it. Can you please also send me the manual? I really appreciate it. My email is "dknanie@yahoo.com.

o

I, too, need the manual for the MAC 2816. Please send it to itsmejuliana@gmail.com.
Thank you so much!

o

Hi, please email me a copy of the manual for the MAC 2816 as well at stuartraymond141@hotmail.com

Thanks!

o

Hi, please email me a copy of the manual for the MAC 2816 as well at tadormer@mtmail.biz
Thanks!

o

hi. could you email a copy of the manual for the 2816 trimmer. thanks alot.

o

Could you send me a copy of the manual for the 2816 trimmer.
Thank you very mch.

o

Hi - Could you e-mail me a copy of the Mac 2816 manuel also please?

Thanks!

--Kirsten

o

I would love a copy of the manual for this weekwacker too. Thanks alot,
Judy

o

If possible I would also like a copy of the manual for the MAC 2816!!!

Thanks!!!

o

Please email a copy of the manual for the Mac 2816. Thanks!

lightning2003sb@gmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here