Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Murry Snow Blower problems

Posted by fmart322 Z6SNJ (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 11, 10 at 8:13

Hello all.

I own a 2nd hand Murry 8hp snow blower . Well, yesterday during the blizzard it stopped throwing snow. The motor is still running fine and the belts seem to have decent tention on them. Sheer bolts are still in place. I really think I destroyed something in the auger gear section. I removed the bolt where it looks like you add grease or oil and I saw small pieces of brass shavings.

My question is how difficult would it be to fix this and how much would parts cost? Also, are these parts difficult to get?

Also, I'm unable to find an owners manual online for this machine so taking care of it is just a guess to me. I also don't know what year it was built. Here are the numbers on my snow blower, if anyone can help steer me to the right site for info that would be great.

8hp 24" electronic start,
self propelled,
6 speed <2 reverse>

Model# G2484040
Code# 6353
Serial# S004488340326

I did find these pictures online that I'm pretty sure is the same model as mine.

http://images.craigslist.org/3n83m83oa5T55R35S8a291bc4be34a6b21b3b.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3nc3k93od5Oe5Td5R2a2998f9cc73b0c41929.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Murry Snow Blower problems

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 11, 10 at 11:27

I have one in the shop with the same problem. You'll have to remove the left and right auger by removing the bearing blocks which are probably bolted externally.

Then the whole assy should pull off the shaft. If you're lucky, you can split the case and get repair parts. Otherwise, figure a few hundred for the assy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here