Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harryp4321

Noma / Murray Snowblower

HarryP4321
13 years ago

I recently acquired a Noma snowblower model 627104X8. This is a 27" cut with a 10hp Tecumseh - vintage 1998. Naturally it did not come with a user's manual nor can I find one on the internet.

I am in the process of refurbing it. I would like to drain and replace the auger gearbox lubricant; however I can not find what type is used on this model. I see references to 00 grease, 80-90 SAE gear lube, synthetic oil and SAE 30. Does anyone know what was used originally. To me, it appears to be SAE 30. I'm leery of using anything other than what it was designed for.

Any help will be appreciated. Particularly the lube type and any specific procedures to use. Also any lead to a user's manual.

Thanx.

Comments (15)

• grassy
    13 years ago

I have a smaller Craftsman (8.5 hp/24") made by Noma/Murray from around that year.

The manual is here: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L9060302.pdf

You may be able to find an equivalent or similar Craftsman model to the one you have, and use the Craftsman manual.

In the manual for my model, there is a section on Lubrication that says "Hex Shaft and Gears - Hex shaft and gears require no lubrication. All bearings and bushings are lifetime lubricated and require no maintenance."

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Harry , Sae Hypoid 80 Grade Gear Oil will suffice . Dextron Automatic Transmission fluid has also been utilized in Extreme Cold Climate's where -40 -50 F temps are routine .

• cwhyte5817_aol_com
    13 years ago

where can I get a manul for a nona snowblower model#F245000

• LauraLynn0866
    9 years ago

Here is the link to the user manual. Murray didn't even have these any more when I inquired in May 2014. I did send them a copy for future requests.

Here is a link that might be useful: Murray 627104 Snow Thrower

• HU-387035617
    5 years ago

I have a Murray Noma snow blower model # INPRIK and I am looking for a manual for it to make sure I am using the right belts as it does not pull steady

• ssewalk1
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

As indicated in the above threads numerous sites have manuals for all the Murray units . However you must indicate a valid Model and serial number Inprik is not sufficient . Craftsman was exclusive to Murray through the 80,s & 90,s . The belt sizing also is easy if you have the original units for reference . The friction disc damage or wear is the normal causation of drive slippage . Get back to us with the valid 9 digit serial number .

• HU-387035617
    5 years ago

The model #for my Noma sno blower is 1NPRIK 325ET. 947895

• HU-387035617
    5 years ago

And the serial# is 61946778 thanks

• HU-387035617
    5 years ago

The motor is a Tecumseh engine HROZ ElEEVE .

model. Grand Priz. G P825ET. 5994 7-286.

Serial# 619467

• HU-387035617
    5 years ago

Once again I am looking for a manual for my Noma snow blower the model # is INPIK 325ET 947895 and the serial number is 61946778. The engine is Tecumseh HROZ EIEEvE and model #Grand Prix G P825ET 5994 7-286. Serial 619467 I bought it second hand and have no manual

• ssewalk1
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Searched all Murray Manuals within your Blower Model and Numbers , not valid numbers . Murray as indicated was the manufacturer of your Noma unit . Briggs and Stratton is the current Parent Company . You can contact any local Briggs Dealer for your needs . Previous to Sears closure they were your service provider . Good luck !

• Keith Robertson
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Good day all. I inherited an older Noma 10/27 snowblower that didn't come with a manual and I'm trying for find drive and auger belts for it as they were both off when I got it. The serial number brings up oddities. Reading it's 627104X30, but searching, nothing comes up on those numbers. Searches come up with "X8", not "X30". The engine is Tecumseh.

Any help would be most appreciated. :)

• twocar
    last year

Roger, Thanks for the manual link! I have a 'Brute' 1026, which was made by Noma and is just a rebranded GP 1026. Now that I have a copy of the manual I've been able to order the parts I need to fix it.

• Jeff Lauritsen
    last month

Thanks for the manual link Roger! Saved me in a pinch!