Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Propane Weed burner

Hi Folks,

This is winter? 60's here yesterday and I was out with a tractor and blade working on the driveway. Didn't need it as much as I needed to be "out there."

Anyway, my garden has somehow become infested with a particuarly nasty weed called Mind Your Own Business, difficult to control without using some very nasty chemicals which I won't do in the garden. Posted a query here on the Vegetable Garden forum and it was suggested that I simply burn them out with a propane burner. Sounds Good and I have a spare propane cylinder.

Never used one of those or seen one in use. Did a little web surfing and they're from $20 at Harbor (Asian) to $65 at Amazon (American made). Obviously I want to get the American made one, but my barn is overflowing with "wonderful stuff" that I got for a one time use and now years later, they sit and stare at me. Opting out of the "the most toys wins" contest....:-) If the Harbor unit will work for three uses, that'll do it. This weed needs at least two or better three applications to eradicate.

Discovered something interesting, when weed burning, best to do it after a rain as it's safer (duh) and the weed is full of water and it steams and explodes-weird.

Anyone used one of these? Opinions?

Thanks,

Ev

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists