Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a Tecumseh conn rod

Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 22, 10 at 11:27

Anybody out there know of an original NOS Tecumseh conn rod, part 5291C, 7HP HSK70 ?

Are there any reliable aftermarket parts that can be substituted and trusted in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a Tecumseh conn rod

That should be available in prime line. have a Car Quest near by? There's on up on eBay motors currently as well.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 16:37

That was a typo. The rod is 32591c and rings 32595.

I don't know how much I can trust an aftermarket part inside the engine. Which supplier would provide identical quality to oem?

Apparently, my dealer says that short blocks ARE being produced again by whoever took over that part of Tecumseh. They are $285, but no delivery date is available.

o

I know that part number, either Stens or Prime Line. The rod on eBay Motors is a Stens.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 19:39

You know, it's quite possible that waiting for a small block from the new Tecumseh could also result in some parts being made in China, so I'd be in the same boat as just buying the parts from Stens or somebody else.

I know that quality parts can be produced in China, but which ones have the track record?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here