Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poulan runs for seconds and quits

Posted by purplewg (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 13:16

I have 220 Pro that starts right up and runs for about 2 seconds and stops. Push the primer, pull the choke and it does this over and over. I have removed the carb and cleaned and blew it out with the compressor but something isn't getting cleared. Any ideas?

Seems the primer can push enough fuel in to get it started but carb doesn't stay primed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poulan runs for seconds and quits

I had this happen recently on a 2150. Even though the fuel lines looked good, supple, etc. I just put in all new 3 fuel lines. problem solved.
worked for me, you might another problem.
thanks,

o

Thanks for the info. The first thing I did was replace all the fuel lines as one cracked when I removed the carb. I just ordered a new carb for it last night. Hope that does it.

o

probably a diaphram/needle and seat problem, not pumping fuel or seat sticking and not letting any fuel through to the comb chamber. New carb. should fix it. go to warblo or zama.com (probably a zama carb. if it a new saw?) they have excellent troubleshoot guidelines along with rebuild procedures. It does fire after it shuts down and it will run off carb cleaner (by a short blast down the carb venturi after it quits right? this procedure will bypass the carb. and verify the ingition system/switch is working properly.

o

Yes, if I pump the primer really hard it will start right back up, run a couple seconds and stop. If I don't pump the primer it won't restart. Sure sounds like a float issue but I cleaned the dang thing 3 times and checked the float and stuff. Oh well, I'm sure the new carb will fix it. I haven't had a lot of success with kits on these Walbro carbs. I have just started replacing them if the equipment is worth it.

It will run on starter fluid...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here