Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
den69rs96

ArboristSite

den69rs96
16 years ago

Anyone tried to go over to the www.arboristsite lately. Is it no more?

Comments (36)

• barbedwire
    16 years ago

I`m sure that it`s still there, it makes too much money for the owners for it to just go away.

• masiman
    16 years ago

You may have been using an incomplete address.

Try http://www.arboristsite.com

If you leave off the .com, you won't get to the website.

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    16 years ago

no matter what i type in, my windows explorer just clocks and gives me the error after a few seconds. Doesn't work if I google the site either which is why I asked.

• masiman
    16 years ago

The site is up and has been when I go to it every day or two.

What is the specific error you get? 404? DNS Lookup failed?

I am thinking your hosts file or your dns cache might be messed up. I assume you are running Windows? XP or Vista?

Try doing the instructions from this site: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/233/clear_windows_dns_cache

• jayt63
    16 years ago

You could try copying and paste. Copy the link from above and paste it into your address bar and hit enter. It works for me.

• yungman
    16 years ago

I have been on it all the time....like today!!!!

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I tried the command prompt and clean out the dns cache. Even if i copy the link, I keep getting the internet explorer can't display the web page warning. Weird, its only this site that I can't get onto.

• barbedwire
    16 years ago

den69rs96,

Have you been a bad boy? Any reason that the mods at AS would want to block you? There are various hacks a forum owner can use to block or aggravate anyone they choose or perhaps more innocently, a range of IPs was blocked and yours happens to fail into that range. Reboot your modem and try again. Rebooting will with many ISPs, give you a new IP.

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Interesting. I'll reboot my modem. Not sure why I would be blocked. I've only posted a few times over there.

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think I've been blocked from the arboristsite. I have no idea why, as I only posted a few times. Can some email the moderators or give me the email address for the moderators so i can check? Thanks again

• techdave
    15 years ago

Howdy, what user name were you using on AS?

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

TechDave,

Its the same as here. Den69rs96. Thanks for checking

• masiman
    15 years ago

This is your username on Arboristsite:
    Den69RS96

I don't know if it is case sensitive on there. Your name does not show as banned. Your last post was on 7 Dec. Your user profile looks fine.

You can send a message to their support

For Support Inquires:

* Darin Johnson or Jennifer Johnson
    * Support@ArboristSite.com

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks for looking it up for me. My computer will not go to that site. Keep getting Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage message. I'll email them and see if they can help. Thanks Again

• shortbean_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

Can't get on either

• davefr
    15 years ago

There is no automatic right to "free speech" on the internet except for the possible exception of usenet. An owner of a website can establish any rules they want. It's their servers and their bandwidth that they are paying for so they can set the rules.

Maybe you should contact your internet service provider. On ocassion I couldn't get to a specific site and a simple email to my provider fixed the issue.

• masiman
    15 years ago

I agree with what you said davefr, which is why I worded my statements that way. I did not say they had no right to do what they do, but how I and others perceive the policy.

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I emailed arborist a long time ago and I wasn't banned according to the admin. My computer just won't go to that site. I've tried just about everything short of emailing my internet provider. I've giving up trying to access it.

• davefr
    15 years ago

So why are you so reluctant to email your service provider??

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

its not that important for me to go there.

• piglet234
    15 years ago

Mark, I tried the racesaws link. It seems you can't read anything unless you sign up. Is that right or am I messing it up somehow? I would rather read a little and see if I want to join before i sign up.
    I could preview the Arborsite though, there is lots of chainsaw info there, more than i am qualified to understand, lol

• yungman
    15 years ago

Unless you adore Stihl, don't borther with Aboristsite!!! Stihl can do no wrong there!!! I hardly go there at all, you know your answer before you ask.

• canguy
    15 years ago

I have started going there again after a couple of years but stay right out of the b***ching and name calling. One of the worst offenders seems to have disappeared so it is more civil for the most part.

• zen_man
    15 years ago

yungman,

"Unless you adore Stihl, don't bother with ArboristSite!!!"

As it happens, I do "adore" Stihl, but I don't participate at that site. My Stihl MS-361 has been a pleasure to use for many years.

ZM

• mark_42_00
    15 years ago

Arboristsite will do almost anything to gain and retain users and sponsors...
    including banning anyone who threatens their popularity.
    I'm including a link to their policies webpage.

Racesaws.com has almost the opposite philosophy - if a person
    is really interested in the site he or she will register.

My philosophy rests somewhere in between. I run a forum for owners
    of a certain sailboat (yahoo group), yet in the welcome message
    when people register I give a link to a real message board that uses
    forum software and has more features.
    I allow read access to everyone, and only require registration
    to avoid spam posts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arboristsite's

• yungman
    15 years ago

It is a boring site. Nothing but saws......correction......nothing but Stihl saws. Everyone prob each other's ego up. I did not get banded but just don't go there much anymore.

Last time I went there to ask a question about blowers, most came back telling me to get BR600 and how good it is. Well I read tons of complains about dropping valves/valve seats. I got my Maruyama blower and quit going there all together.

• masiman
    15 years ago

yungman, the majority there are tree guys, and the forum with the most activity is chainsaws. If you want blower advice, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. You have your own biases too. I've seen plenty of posts negating your negatives of the BR600, but not nearly the number of negative reviews of the BR00 to support your views. Then again, I am not currently actively searching for blower info. I don't go to the landscaper forums very often.

Alot of folks there run Stihl but there are quite a few Husky runners also. Solo, Efco, Dolmar/Makita, old saws (Pioneer, Homelite, etc.) get some traffic also. I just looked at the chainsaw forum first page. Threads were 7 Stihl, 2 Husky, 2 Echo, 1 Shindaiwa, 2 Jonesred, 1 McCulloch, 1 Pioneer. I'd say that is not too bad.

If you are not into chainsaws and want to convince everyone that they made a wrong choice with what they run, then you probably won't enjoy the site.

I certainly do not think the site is perfect but it is one of my favorites, but then again, I really get into chainsaws and climbing. I certainly wouldn't expect a landscaper or forestry forum to as finely focused on my topic interests as Arboristsite.

• yungman
    15 years ago

Actually I am convinced the Stihl Chain saws are very good, hack all their 2 cycles are very good!!! I should clarify to say that because those guys love their Stihl saws, they automatically give opinion that all the other Stihl stuff are good. I agree all the Stihl 2 cycle stuff are good, like BR420 is bullet prove. I just question the 4Mix blowers. Even the 4Mix trimmers seemed to be ok. Go read in lawn site.

• den69rs96
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow I guess a lot has changed over at arborist. I agree when I went over to that site, there was a bias towards stihl. I think every site has a particular favorite brand that gets constantly recommended.

The thing I keep in mind is that if someone has a problem with a particular model, everyone who has a problem with the same model will post too so it seems its a huge issue, but in reality only a few people out of hundreds or thousands have had issues with that model. Its not just limited to one brand either. I also have to remind myself when I visit these forums is that, I don't know the poster, how he treats his machines, how he uses it, how he maintains it etc. I keep that in mind when I'm researching something. I've gone to lawnsite and see both stihl and echo get thrown under the bus because of the problems they have had, but then their are tons of post praising the same machines. To each his own I guess.

• yungman
    15 years ago

I did a lot of reading before I bought my bp. I agree with your accessment that one people post a problem, others start to pile up on it.

The thing that raise my concern on BR600 are the number of threads that started about the problem people encounter, so it is not a pile up syndrome. Also the issue that other brands have are mainly more minor issue. For the BR600, most of them are drop valves jamming onto the piston that require changing the complete engine. I don't think that limit to the first production units only, people still post same problem with the newer units...In multiple forums.

There are other brand like Shindaiwa EB8510 that have quite a bit of issues, but never required a new engine!!! And Shindaiwa is coming out with EB8520 to replace the 8510 only 2 to 3 years after EB8510 came out to resolve the issues, and even come out with EB802 as an insurance. But Stihl seems to be business as usual.

There come a point of time that one start to say....Wow, there is a real problem with this.

Just IMHO

• mark_42_00
    15 years ago

I like the users on Arboristsite, I don't like how strictly it
    is moderated and how restrictive the rules are.

If you can stay within their rules you probably will enjoy the site.
    I found their rules unreasonable & impossible to comply with. YMMV

• yungman
    15 years ago

Strict? I had a big argument twice over there with some popular guys, I did not get ban!!! I just don't go there anymore. Last time I went there was to ask about a blower because even they are saw guys, they do have a huge membership, so someone must have something to say.

• ih8thegascompny
    13 years ago

I am un able to accesss the site at ArboristSite. What was the problem with the original Poster?

• fisher40037
    13 years ago

I think Arboristsite also bought the gas company .......

Fish

• ewalk
    13 years ago

On at least one or twice a week no problem !