Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Manual for Gilson/Montgomery Ward Garden Mark Tiller

Posted by ckaiserjr (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 13:52

I am trying to locate an owner's manual (or even a complete photocopied facsimile of one!) for an old Montgomery/Wards Garden mark tiller. I've found out that it was actually manufactured by Gilson and the model number is GIL 1593B. If anyone out there can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm willing to pay (reasonable) expenses to cover costs of acquiring this manual. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Manual for Gilson/Montgomery Ward Garden Mark Tiller

Sears took over the parts and service when Montgomery Wards went under. If you are sure of the Montgomery Wards model number you could give them a call. I'm not sure they can help but it's worth a try.

o

Find a Lawnboy dealer that has been around a while,
Gilson was acquired by Lawnboy, and any chance at getting
parts or part numbers will be through them, they probably will be on microfiche though.
Fish

o

Hi, I do not have an owners manual, but I do have an illustrated parts list for GIL-1590B & 1595F. These should be the same--if not identical--to the one you need. If you would like I could send you a copy.
Chet

o

I'm seeking a illustrated parts list for a GIL-1597F, drive belts.I have been unable to figuire out how the reverse works.

o

Possibly one of these manuals will get you on the right path?

http://www.rustytiller.com/manual.html

o

Chets9677,

If you could send me the parts list for the GIL-1595F, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!!

Jeff

o

Chets9677

If you could send me the parts list for the GIL 1595F, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Chet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here