Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fixing a Snowblower

Posted by papusotherhalf Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 14:43

We have a 2-stage Yardman snowblower and the wheels have locked up. We replaced the belts, but they still don't work. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fixing a Snowblower

Turn it over, and look for an inspection plate, or see if the bottom of the engine box is removable. Usually it is held on by 4 or 6 sheet metal screws. Inside that "box" should be either some gears, or a chain, and some shafts and bearings. Check everything in there for rust, dirt, trash, or anything that is stuck. Thats usually where the problems arise, due to never being looked at, snow-melt getting inside and causing rust. Or, lack of maintenance.
Also, make sure the clutch pulleys and belt pulleys are moving. HTH: Rusty J.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 18:01

If it's chain driven, the chain could be rusted.

o

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.,Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 21:33

If it's a disc drive, while you have the bottom cover off make sure the disc doesn't have oil on it. Also make sure the cable adjuster up near the handles hasn't slacked off.
Mike

o

I have a 32' , 11 H.P. Craftsman Snowblower. I was using it and all of a sudden the spring that activates the auger snapped in to. I replaced it now the auger works but the
blower won't move. This about 15 years old, I am the original owner. I have replaced belts and other things befor. Now the tracks don't seem to turn, I tilted it up and the chain drive is rotating as are the belts but its not turning the tracks.
I can turn them by hand but some how the drive is not woking
and the Auger is working. Any Help appreciated? Donak

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb

o

Hello I am looking for a snowblower drive track, I am going to mount it on my dirtbike so i can ride trails in the winter but I am having trouble finding a used track system, i dont have much to spend so i need a deal, it just needs to be the track straight off the frame with all the guts and parts to it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, email me at llittlecnew@yahoo.com thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here