Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Gardner YS24 weed trimmer

Posted by chevyssrule (chevelle70ss@verizon.net) on
Sun, Feb 21, 10 at 15:24

Good Afternoon,
After looking at my old Ryobi 790r & thinking of all the trouble I have had in the past starting this beast & not being a big fan of 2 cycle engines the noise the smell the mess.
I started reading up on cordless trimmers read a few consumer sites & found a 24 volt unit that seems to keep getting high marks American Gardner YS24 yardstick not being familiar with rechargeables in anything (yes I'm old fashion or just poor) I'm sort of pulling toward this one I like the idea of just charging it & going no cord to pull gas or oil to buy cleaner well I think you get the idea.
What I would like to know is can anyone tell me about these or any other ones that they like?.
See I'm a big John Deere fan being from a farm but don't see that they make one. But as I said this seems to get high marks but I never heard of it.
Thank you for your help!
Will,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Gardner YS24 weed trimmer

I'm not sure on that specific trimmer, but my cordless trimmer experience was positive. Mine was a 12V Toro (Ryobi)like from a decade ago. They hang in the charger rack, always start, run- plus no fumes. Left it with a friend when I moved who also loved it. Power is bound to be less that a gas, but for general weed eating I think they are a good thing. Plus I would like to think run time on a 24V current technology battery should be quite good. If you get one, report back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here