Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spill/Unloader valve won't pop out/Karcher

Posted by greg0828 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 16, 10 at 15:24

Karcher 2400HH has no pressure. I tried to remove the spill valve but it won't budge. I ran the motor sevaral times to pop it out, still no luck. I had the water turned on and the pressure hose connected. I see quite a bit of white deposits around the cylinder and on top of the spill valve. Is there any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks in advance; any assistance would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spill/Unloader valve won't pop out/Karcher

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 16, 10 at 20:54

Sounds like the unloader valve is gummed up with calcium deposits. That and iron are always issues especially with hard water.
The best course is to replace the valve, it will be pre set from the factory. You might be able to disassemble it and soak the parts in CLR or something similar. You will need a pressure gauge to properly re adjust it.

o
RE: Spill/Unloader valve won't pop out/Karcher

Thanks. I would be happy to buy a new valve and put it in but the old slip valve is stuck in the cylinder and won't come out. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the valve out?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here