Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ryobi cultivator wont run

Posted by phinore (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 28, 10 at 15:54

I have a ryobi cultivator model number ry60511b that i got from a friend. since i got it. i have replaced the carb with a brand new one, replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter, new plug and new gas. And now after doing all this it will not run. if you give it a shot of starting fluid, it will run for about 3-7 seconds and then quits. does anyone out there have any ideas of what i could try next? I do have about $75.00 into this and don't want to give up I could take it to the shop, but if I could figure out what is wrong. It would save me a few dollars

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ryobi cultivator wont run

If it hits off staring fluid gas from the tank is not being pulled up and through the carb. Sure you hooked up the gas lines correctly? Is Gas being pulled up and through the carb using the primer bulb? Some times it takes awhile to work the air out of the carb so it will start pumping (drawning fuel from the tank on it own). I would use carb. cleaner for priming and not starting fluid, carb. cleaner has some lubrication in it and starting fluid has none. I would prime it several times and see if it will eventually take off on it own?

o
RE: ryobi cultivator wont run

I have it hooke dup the same way it was before i changed the lines, i have tried pumping the primer buld several different times, will try it again with some carb cleaner to prime it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here