Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Snowblower Throwing off drive belt

Posted by dbean24 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 10, 10 at 17:10

My 5 year old Sears Snowblower continues to throw off the friction wheel belt. Had it professionally repaired and it worked fine for about 1/2 hour.

Suggestions are appreciated as we are being pounded by the snow!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Snowblower Throwing off drive belt

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 10, 10 at 20:59

Is it equipped with the OEM belt or a 'will fit' from the Wal Mart auto section? The correct belt should be used. The pulleys could be misaligned if the set screw in the engine pulley is loose or the bearing on the driven shaft has failed.
From the weather reports we are seeing you best git to it.

o
RE: Sears Snowblower Throwing off drive belt

Excellent Point CG. OEM Belts sure do reduce the guess factor. Great to have Experts like you onboard. Dbean if your handy like CG says with the Pulley Cover removed with or without Belt , visually review the pulley runout with engine running at idle , does it run true ? Also as pointed out there should be minimal offset between the pulleys , use a straight edge if req'd ...keep us Posted Dude..Ty !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here