Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bingo! I finished my Echo PE 2000 today

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 18:08

Bingo! I finished my Echo PE 2000 today (my last "Planned" winter project) and it worked after exploring 3 yrs. The monster would start easy and idle good BUT! No Wide Open Throttle. I was stripping it as a parts machine when I noticed the fuel filter looked intentionally blocked with what appeared as a solid disc assembled between the dead weight and element material. With the disc removed the filter w/n allow the trimmer or my working chainsaw to run at WOT.

I thought I had finally traced the problem before donating the engine. Nope! But I spotted the limits on the mixture screws and promised that would be my last effort (by cutting the limits to allow full revolutions adjusting the mixtures). It ran like a Dream with approx 2 turns out each screw. loger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bingo! I finished my Echo PE 2000 today

You wrote:

"With the disc removed the filter w/n allow the trimmer or my working chainsaw to run at WOT."

How did you remove the disc? I didn't think
those see-through filters could be taken apart
(and put back together). Tell me more about this
'disc', what was it made of?

o
RE: Bingo! I finished my Echo PE 2000 today

It was the typical filter weighted in the 2 cyl fuel tanks vs in-line fuel filters that you can see through. The filter is at the link below and the disc was between the weight and element. loger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/125-527-Lot-3-Walbro-2-Cycle-Fuel-Filters-Echo-13120507320-/190609861903

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here