Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Poulan S-25 Automatic Oiler service tip that worked good

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 18:36

A Poulan S-25 Automatic Oiler service tip that worked good. If the auto oilier pump is not working due to possible debris in the pump it can be cleaned with a 1/16" drill bit. The service manual recommends marking the bit depth at 9/16" with tape and manually twist it into the diaphragm's pintle/shaft's port/hole c/w. Then pull out trash collected in the drill's flutes. I took it a step further knowing my auto oilier was not adequate oil vs the good manual oiling. I ran the bit in the bar oil's port-hole (by the bar) lightly as I turned the bit c/w until I felt light contact. Bingo! I started the saw w/o the bar and chain and got a good flow automatically as with the manual oilier.

Wire possibly would have cleared the port but I doubt as good as the bite's fluts. My question is, do you feel or know entering at the bar oil's port by the bar, is it possible to make contact with the diaphragm? Loger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Poulan S-25 Automatic Oiler service tip that worked good

You've had some good posts over the winter Loger- keep up the good work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here