Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda HS928 tracked snowblower drive problem

Posted by flickroll none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 19:41

Hi all, my Honda HS928 tracked snow blower has finally, after about 9 years of trouble-free service lost all drive to the right hand track. If I lift the tracks off the ground the left side still turns.

Please can anyone suggest what the problem might be? I have heard that there is a pin that can shear off inside the transmission but if it is this wouldn't drive be lost to both tracks?

Could it be that the hydraulic fluid needs topping up? It has never been serviced other than engine oil. Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda HS928 tracked snowblower drive problem

Lack of drive to one side only cannot be anything in the hydrostatic transmission -- it has to be in the final drive.

There's a link below to the "master thread" where these problems are discussed, mostly with respect to wheeled machines. At the bottom of the thread there's a post with a link to a website with exploded views of the whole machine. With a little probing, you can find your machine on there -- I'm looking at it now.

It appears to me that on the tracked machines there are similar pins on both ends. Unlike my wheely (and possibly depending on serial number), these pins look like they're designed for replacement. Look at Item 14 (at least on the particular drawing I'm looking at) on the "Right Transmission Case" page. I'd start there.

Post when you've got it figured out, OK? Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Honda snowblower drive problem thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here