Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Firewood Folks!

loger_gw
10 years ago

Firewood Folks!
The recent Live Oak load of firewood was from a dying tree. I noticed one grub looking borers in a more seasoned log but no other boring. How can the borers live through this winter's cold in a 12" or less dia limb in North, TX? My choice is to bring green wood to try and avoid any diseases or borers. Free removed wood and most not dead, Opinions???

Otherwise the splitting chore seemed easy for my back and shoulder that I have been rehabbing and resting. The hydraulic splitter is slow but worth the money. I have learned to take a seat with wood on ends in my reach, flip or roll the wood on and let the splitter take the needed time. I might have gotten out on my chair 3-4 times. Which included, putting 6 Red Oak logs by me to end all the needed splitting (12 could have worked just as easy in the one sitting). Stacking will intentionally be during two mornings due to manipulating to the back row. Olivia will stack the wood on the front knee high while I move it to the back row less than shoulder high (while walking on the front row).

We burned 2 Face Cords of 4 in stock burning 24/7. In the 60s+ now I'll work from a wheelbarrow as needed vs our normal patio stock with the Easter Snap Coming. LOL.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler