Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firewood Folks!

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 22:31

Firewood Folks!
The recent Live Oak load of firewood was from a dying tree. I noticed one grub looking borers in a more seasoned log but no other boring. How can the borers live through this winter's cold in a 12" or less dia limb in North, TX? My choice is to bring green wood to try and avoid any diseases or borers. Free removed wood and most not dead, Opinions???

Otherwise the splitting chore seemed easy for my back and shoulder that I have been rehabbing and resting. The hydraulic splitter is slow but worth the money. I have learned to take a seat with wood on ends in my reach, flip or roll the wood on and let the splitter take the needed time. I might have gotten out on my chair 3-4 times. Which included, putting 6 Red Oak logs by me to end all the needed splitting (12 could have worked just as easy in the one sitting). Stacking will intentionally be during two mornings due to manipulating to the back row. Olivia will stack the wood on the front knee high while I move it to the back row less than shoulder high (while walking on the front row).

We burned 2 Face Cords of 4 in stock burning 24/7. In the 60s+ now I'll work from a wheelbarrow as needed vs our normal patio stock with the Easter Snap Coming. LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firewood Folks!

The green Red and live Oaks shown will go to the back row and bottom with recent seasoned/semi seasoned Live Oak not shown on top. With the next front in and more coming this will be a good end of the season cleaning. Plus, this will move this post and possibly Borers.

That Was A Quick Winter and not much rain that might affect our grass and trees. Time Will Tell as I saw one neighbor watering today.

Take Care!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here