Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcmoser

The killing of low end pressure washers and sprayers?

rcmoser
14 years ago

I am the owner of a cheap low end pressure washer. Course I've read the manual before I operated it. IMO the two things that kills these units are; DO NOT START the unit without water hooked up and water pressure from the house being cycled through the pump and the air pushed out pass the pump. IMO this prevents the pump from running dry.

Another thing I do is NOT let the unit run very long 15 to 20 seconds without pressure trigger opened up. I don't want any heat building up in the pump by water being by passed. If I have to move the unit or rotate the part I'm pressure washing and it will take longer than a few seconds I shut the unit down. Then when I start it back up I released the supplied pressure through the unit by pulling the trigger open as I crank it back up. The other would be Disconnect hoses and letting the pump drain at both the inlet and outlet, I even tilt the unit to get all the water out.

I had my cheap $199 pressure washer now for 9 years I am on a well so it is even more important for me to thorough drain for me due to untreated water. I feel that most home owners do not read the start up procedures, shut down, or disconnect the hoses and let the water drain.

This also applies to the cheap 12V elect. sprayer units we use on or yards and to spray bushes and fruit trees. You've got the cycle clean water through the pump or the chemicials (weed Killer) will eat the pump up and lock it up. These pumps are not cheap by any means, costing between $40 to 80 bucks depending where you buy them.

Comments (6)