Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vmckague_gw

Welding -cutting torch

vmckague
16 years ago

I purchased a torch kit and it arrived yesterday. I went to the local small farm supply, M.F.A.,and they carried amerigas brand cylinders. I told the guy I wanted the smallest oxygen and acetylene tanks he had. He brought me out a small oxygen tank that was about 18" tall and a acetylene tank that was about the same height but smaller around. OK that's about the size I want as I might use this torch once or twice a year and don't have a lot of room to store it. When I got home I started to hook up the oxygen tank and it fit perfectly but the acetylene tank had the wrong fittings on it. It had a small male fitting and my regulator has a larger male fitting also. My question is don't all acetylene tanks for welding have the same size fitting so they will fit the torch or because I want such a small tank I will need to get an adapter? I hope not! One more question, don't all oxygen tanks have about 2000 lbs in them when full? This one is showing only 600. Maybe I need to take it back for a different one also?

Comments (2)