Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncage

snow blower help?

ncage
11 years ago

Hi guys, i currently own a old toro 2 stage (i'm guessing that its from the 80s) snow blower. I bought it from a house auction. When i bought it didn't even run so i took it to a small engine mechanic and he got it running. Though it ran it didn't run right (i dont' think he did a good job). It starts pretty easy but, even after its warmed up, you still need to leave it about half chocked or it will die. Anyways i used it with the recent 18.5 inch snow we got.

This is my first 2 stage snow blower so you will have to excuse me if this is a stupid question. Several times when blowing snow the shute got clogged up and i had to shut the shut the snow blower off and remove it with my hands. When this happened the tines would actually quite spinning and it would squeal. It WAS a really wet snow because of the temperatures. Is this normal for the tines to quit spinning?

The reason i'm asking is because i'm trying to decide between getting a new one or fixing the one i have. I have no problem getting it repaired for just the running issues because i'm sure thats relatively easy to fix but if there are issues with whatever mechanism moves the tines then i think it would be very expensive to fix. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments (2)