Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
troy bilt horse tiller

Posted by seedlyng (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 10, 10 at 10:22

I have a pto horse from 94 and yesterday when i would engage the tines the lower pulley would freeze up then cut loose and till for a while then r freeze up again??????????? Can anyone tell me what this might be caused by and what it will take to fix?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: troy bilt horse tiller

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.,Tx (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 10, 10 at 19:02

A little more info would help. Does it do this w/ the tines in the ground or just running free above ground? If it does it in the ground the belt is probably too loose. If above ground, it's probably a major problem in the tine gear box.
Mike

o

It does it when the tines are in the ground and the belt is burning on the pulley trying to make it turn, then the engage lever will pop up, then when I reengage the tines they willl work fine for a while then it does it again. It seems to work fine when the tines are above ground.

o

• Posted by mla2ofus z7b Tom Green Co.,Tx (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 10, 10 at 21:04

Assuming everything is OK in the tine gear box including the oil level, then you need to adjust the belt tension w/ the belt adjustment block.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here