Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
homelite 150 question

Posted by joe_the_dutchman ontario canada (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 10:40

i just got this thing runing and noticed after leaving the saw over night the bar oil leaks on the floor.can any of you smart guys tell me what to look for here so i can have an idea before i attempt to fix this problem.works well except the bar oil leak.info greatly apreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: homelite 150 question

I had an 150 years ago and it leaked also. I think the case housing create the oil and fuel tanks internally if I remember correctly I think the XL models had seperate plastic tanks thus reducing the leaking problem between the two tanks, but some still leaked bar oil out?.

I would be happpy it just ran and oiled the bar and just drain the oil out after use, getting oil is alot better than not getting oil to the bar. You might try to loosen the oil cap and relieve any sifoning pressure off the tank. I had very few old saws that didn't leak the bar oil out after use when in storage, I just drained the oil back into the bar oil bottle.

o
RE: homelite 150 question

i thank you for this info ill just drain the oil after each use instead of fixing it.thats whats good about gardenweb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here