Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Manually prime that old two cycle that's w/o primer/purge and sav

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 10:42

Manually prime that old two cycle that's w/o primer/purge and save that arm. 5 Pull vs 2-3 Is Getting Old. LOL! My hand and arm are "Talking Pain" until I give a shot of gas from the fuel tank to the carb with a small syringe pump. Normally the prime will save 2-3 pulls and they usually purge the fuel line and will keep running (with a good high rev). I would like to add a primer kit (at the link below) but for the little use I feel it is not worth the trouble. BUT! I have drilled a 1/16" hole for priming w/o pulling a cover and It Worked. Run Some Experiments On Some Junkers And Have Some Fun.

I just cut/stacked my last load of Red Oak and Pecan the drought and spring pruning has produced less than a mile away. My racks holding 3 cords are over loaded and blocking my Scenic Views. LOL. Any more wood will have to go into my daughter's b/y (2 mi away) as the hard winter 2 yrs ago when I racked just over a cord there. loger

https://www.denniskirk.com/1861.sku?utm_source=pronto&utm_medium=cse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Manually prime that old two cycle that's w/o primer/purge and

Yep, I alway prime after storage. I too don't like pulling and pulling. I usually remove the spark plug 2 or 3 second blast down the hole pull the rope couple times, clean and check gap on the plug, check spark, put the plug back in, and blast downt the carb. IMO this works on about everything that goes boom to start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here